ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for assisting the Project Managers in planning, managing, completing, and client satisfaction of construction projects.
Urban N. Zink Contractor is seeking an Assistant Project Manager who is detail oriented, a team player and willing to learn. The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for assisting the Project Managers in planning, managing, completing, and client satisfaction of construction projects. The ideal candidate will be required to assist in coordinating all, but not limited to:
- Proactively building and sustaining positive working relationships with Clients, Construction Managers, Subcontractors and Employees
- Ability to proficiently read and interpret Civil blueprints and specifications
- Utilize cost saving and negotiation techniques to properly contract with subcontractors and suppliers for a complete scope of work
- Properly schedule and coordinate different stages of work
- Inventory management and timely procurement of utility materials, including but not limited to, water, sewer, and storm drain
- Assist in evaluation and solution of potential field problems
- Attend interoffice meetings and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as required
- Tracking/Documentation/Filing of project progression and schedules
- Change Orders
- Create and submit formal change orders
- Solicit pricing and assist subcontractors and suppliers to provide a complete scope
- Provide accurate quantities and takeoffs utilizing the project plans, specifications, and scope of work
- Other change order related accounting and tracking documentation
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as requested
- Requires adaptability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while remaining in awareness of completion dates and understanding of management principles.
- Superior communication and organization skills. Complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Projects, Office, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health Insurance plus additional voluntary plans (Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability and more)